Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fly Away.....

 
I made this card for a challenge over at Bitten by the Bug2, then forgot where I saw the challenge so I figured I would just share my design, then totally forgot to even post it.  One of my co workers was looking for a Sympathy card and I knew I had this one.  Went to my blog to show her and couldn't find it, then found it as a draft.  lol............
 
So I hope you enjoy it anyway................I love the these papers and love the way it turned out.  I had to try out the Sew Easy so I used a coupon and purchased it at Michael's.  It didn't work very well on two layers of papers, I had to use a pin to make the holes bigger and by the time I was at the end of the stitches the floss was all tangled.  Next time I will only try one layer and see if that works better.
 
Recipe:
Cardstock: Bazzil, What's up from Basic Gray, Vintage Cream from PaperTrey Inc.
House of Three: Twine
We R Memory Keepers: Sew Easy using Orange Tip
Cricut: Everyday Pop Up Cards
Sentiment: My Creative Time, This & That


2 comments:

Tracy said...

Love the chevron pattern on the balloon. It really makes it pop and the banner is a cute embellie on it. Wonderful card! Hugs!

Missy said...

This is terrific! The papers are so pretty, and the stitching line you added looks great!!